For the first time in quite a while, I went to church, voluntarily and on my own volition. And it felt good to be there with my friends, big Sis, and neighbors. Nora had fun too (Mara couldn’t go because I only gave her 10 minutes notice that I was going!).
Brothers and Sisters, believers, non-believers, and everyone in between, I love you all. Think how much we could achieve
- if we spent our time building up rather than tearing each other down,
- if we spent as much time learning as we do teaching others about the superiority of our own views,
- if we spent as much time critiquing ourselves first, rather than finding fault with someone else (psst! Secret – you have 100% control over you, with others not so much)
- if we spent as much planting and growing relationships, rather than sowing seeds of hate,
- if we spent time praising others, rather than worrying about getting the credit (My good friend Alfredo Parrish always makes me feel like Clarence Darrow when I talk with him, even though he is a 1000% better lawyer than I am. At conferences, he asks how I am doing rather than telling me about his many successes). Thanks Alfredo!).
- if we spent as much time identifying our own flaws, rather than pointing others’ flaws over which they have no control….
we could CHANGE THE WORLD!!!
We’re all about to complete another 365 day trip around the sun. And sometimes, I wonder why the world is so filled with hate, anger, and greed when you need only step out of door to realize how incredibly fortunate we are to live in this beautiful planet earth.
This past week has been incredibly painful for me and my family. It has been filed with tears, anxiety, anger, and heartbreak. I haven’t slept much. I have a lot of reasons to feel more anger than I do, but I do not.
I choose to live in this world with a spirit of exuberant gratitude that I have been given the opportunity to live and thrive in this community and to build the types of relationships that I have with you all.
Most of you who know me know my flaws (and you know I have just a few ;), but it means even more that you support me anyway, and that I know that Mara and Nora have such a warm and caring community of support. Thank you all!!
We’re really going to need your support these next couple of months…Knowing that you are all out there supporting us, means the world to us, especially if you gotten this far. Thank you so much.
That’s all for now… Just felt compelled to write… Heading now to work out at Planet Fitness…
[Note: The above was originally posted by Rockne to Facebook on 18 December 2016 @ 1:30 PM]